Oct 15, 2014

Tropical Storm Fay

Well, I was all set to leave the island.  Had a lovely final supper with Sharon (big tenderloins), a bottle of wine and was mostly ready to leave.   The forecast was calling for some storm force winds during the night but nothing to get too concerned about.   The plan was I'd get up in the morning head over to another friends to watch the F1 race, take the rental bike back and head to the airport.

This was what I woke to;

Needless to say I didn't make the F1 race, in fact it took the entire neighbourhood 4 hours just to make a path on the estate road to the main road.  After several delayed attempts my flight was eventually cancelled until Tuesday, 2 days later.

Gave me the opportunity to help my friends with the cleanup and help prep for the next hurricane (Gonzalo) scheduled to hit the island on Friday as a Cat 3.  Fingers crossed that it swerves away from my island but not looking likely.   All my wishes and thoughts are with my island friends and hope they all are safe throughout the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment