Apr 23, 2011

Signs of Spring and Random Stuff

Well we finally had a decent day on a day off!  The past few weekends have been cold or rainy, good Friday turned out to be sunny and reasonably warm.  Although my photo partner thought the wind was still too cool ;-)    But we took a run out to Manotick and the Long Island Locks.  Familiar stomping grounds but things are still pretty wet and muddy so unexplored areas will just have to wait a bit longer.

Click the image for a larger version.  Editing on my laptop so hopefully the colours and stuff are good, I prefer my big screen at home ;-

My 500th picture of Watson's Mill ;-)   I still need to get down there and shoot this at night.
Signs of Spring







Beside Long Island Lock is an old farmhouse in it's final years of decay.





and my ever favourite hand cranks at the lock.

I think we're off to an Orchid thingy here in Ottawa today.  It's back to pouring rain outside so we're going to move indoors and try shooting some flowers.  Good practice before Bermuda ;-)


1 comment: