Nov 10, 2016

"Lest we Forget"




I served in the Canadian military for 16 years, fortunately all in peace time, but even in peace time we lose those who are willing to give their lives for their country.  Many of my proudest years was serving with all these great people.

In 2008, longer after leaving the military, I had the opportunity to revisit CFS Alert.   I was fortunate to take part in a short ceremony at the end of the runway near the site of the burial of a Lancaster crew who died in Alert in the 1950's delivering supplies during peacetime.  I caught this special scene as a candid photo.

All these years later I have much better editing capabilities with Lightroom but I can't bring myself to modify the image.  It's as captured on that special day.

On Nov 11, remember all those around the world who have served to protect their countries in peace and in war.

No comments:

Post a Comment