Sep 29, 2014

St George's - Part 2 - Colour

I did cheat a bit with the black and white images in part 1, I shot the black and whites in jpg but still retained the colour raw's just in case I completely messed up.  But as the day progressed I did switch to my 14mm lens and tried out Marshal's 56mm, so I switched to the amazing fuji colours.  Here is part 2 of the day shooting in St George's, this time in colour.







Below are shots from inside St Peter's church.














The view of St George's from Fort George
Using the in camera pano mode, worked quite well.







Below is not actually St George's but Admiralty House Park.  Surprisingly I had never been there nor did I know there was a cave.  Wasn't really setup for cave photography so might head back there in the coming days.



Kids jumping off the cliff, some peer pressure going on here.
In the end there was a push involved :-)

Some of you might ask what my thoughts were of the XF-56mm f1.2.   Well it was interesting.  Not a focal length that I am familiar with so that took some getting used to, but man it is a seriously sharp lens with very smooth textures.  Probably not one I would buy unless I was doing portrait work but a very nice lens indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just so much colour and life in these photos. I'd be interested in what you think now that you've had the new system for a while, what you miss or don't miss about the old DSLR system you had. I have to admit, that hauling around my big nikon+lens versus my little leica p&s wore on me. While I got tired of hauling it around with me (especially on the vigorous hikes we did), I didn't want to not bring it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love the new blog layout! I was having trouble loading up the old one for some reason -- sometimes it would work, and other times it would be a bit wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Candis! I should probably do up a new post about my fuji system now that I've had it for 5+ months. In a nutshell, I have never looked back. For what I do, I find it so much better then a traditional DSLR. It is so much lighter to carry around, the use of prime lenses makes me think more about the image and the EVF is a dream. You see the image before you take it and you don't need to take the shot again. I can see no reason to ever go back unless I were moving into fast sports photography. I highly recommend the Fuji's or the Olympus kit. If you want full frame the sony is looking better now that more lenses are becoming available.

    As for the blog layout, I was having a few issues with it as well. I like the dynamic template but it's missing a few things that were bugging me as well. The only problem with this format is having to scroll and scroll to get to the next post (my entries are too long). But still modifying things as I go along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all of them, the one you posted right after the one that has "Dress up begins at age..." Smiley face emoticon thingie. Big smiley face emoticon thingie...

    ReplyDelete