Sep 28, 2014

St George's - Part 1 - Black and White

Saturday I hooked up with a fellow Fuji photographer in Bermuda (Marshal) and he gracefully took me out to St George's to do some geeking out with the cameras. We walked the back streets of St George's for several hours, had a great lunch followed by a few more hours of shooting.  St George's is amazing, you'll never know what you'll find.  Great company and lots of interesting conversation about Bermuda and cameras.

Some previous trips to St George's and lots of colour can be found here  and here.

Decided for the first few hours to work outside my comfort zone.  Put the wide angle away, put the 55-200mm on and switched the camera to black and white.   Still not sure if I have the eye for BW but this was my results.   Later in the day I went wide and colour but those shots are for another day.

All shot with the X-T1, XF 55-200mm lens and processed with Lightroom and Silver Efex Pro 2.  Enjoy and click for larger versions.

This pup was just sitting on a doorstep watching us very very closely.  I would not have voluntarily walked up that step without his owner around. :-) But what a handsome dog.





Part of the "unfinished church"



















Part 2 will be the colour images.

No comments:

Post a Comment