Oct 11, 2016

Preparing for another hurricane

Here we go again.   I lived here for 3 years and never had a hurricane.   Now this will be my 3rd hurricane in the last 4 trips.    Matthew missed us but got a bit of rain from him yesterday but now Nicole has decided she will follow Matthew out, but that will put her right over top of us on Thursday morning around 8am.    Thus we are getting ready, the downpipes from the roof to the water tank are blocked to keep debris and salt water from contaminating the water tank, groceries are put in and all I have left is to close the shutters and put some lawn furniture away today or tomorrow.   The winds are now up to about 25-30mph and they will be staying there until the storm.   With the wind and rain I won't be running around on the bike for the next few days.

As we prepare I snapped a few pictures around with the rain and sun that keeps blowing through;

Ran and sun together as one :-)

Two minutes later these brinks were dry.

Trying to be artsy fartsy

One of those few times I think I like the colour version better.

With any storm, the barometer starts to drop :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment