Mar 11, 2014

Bye Bye DX

Well that's it.   After 135000 pictures, traveling around Canada, the arctic, the US and Bermuda, my trusty Nikon D200 and all my Nikon lenses just walked out for their new home in a women's prison.   I hope it does them good for many many years to come and helps them refind their lives and purpose.   I could have made more money through ebay but if me getting a few dollars less will help someone out then I'm good with it.   Nice to know that the gear won't be gathering dust in some corner but actually being used.   The fellow was telling me tonight it's been a group of 12 ladies sharing 4 cameras that they had to beg for.   He's driving all over eastern Ontario today picking up cameras and equipment for them.

So here I sit tonight with only 3 camera to my name.   My old Pentex ME Super 35mm film camera, a Lumix point and shoot and my Fuji X100s.   Should I just stick with these?  Nahhhh, I don't think so :-)

I have the Henry's shopping cart loaded up but haven't hit checkout yet.    Unless something drastic hits before tomorrow it looks like it will be a Fuji X-T1 body, 14mm F2.8, 35mm F1.4 and the 55-200mm.   The 56mm F1.2 will follow at a future date.  Soon I will be a fuji man!

3 comments:

  1. Scott, read your post the other day where you walked through the pros and cons of each fork/path - excellent post. I was excited to see which one you'd take ... wow. It's very exciting. Congrats! Can't wait to hear/read/see more on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candis, will probably make the plunge this morning with a call to Henry's. I suspect it will be a few weeks before I get any of it as most of the items are backlogged. Seems they are in demand. Hoping I'm making the right decision about not going full frame but for me it seems to be about the weight and low light lenses. Tough to have both but this seems to be an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the D-200 go to what appears to be a good home. I can appreciate how you feel, I recently got rid of my D-200 & lenses and am now shooting with just the Fuji x100s.

    I'm enjoying the experience so far and looking forward to seeing how you like the transition to the Fuji XT-1

    Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete